Home | Site Map | Cisco How ToNet How To | Wireless |Search | Forums | Services | Donations | Careers | About Us | Contact Us|

How to set up BlackBerry Internet E-mail via your BlackBerry

Network Sharing , TCP/IP, Internet, Wireless, Exchange, IIS, ISA and Print

How to set up BlackBerry Internet E-mail via your BlackBerry

Postby guest » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:10 am

1. Make sure you connect to the wireless network.
2. From the BlackBerry handheld Home screen or Tools menu, select the Set Up Internet E-mail or E-mail Setup icon.
3. Enter your e-mail address and password for the account you would like to access from your BlackBerry handheld. Confirm the password and select Next.
4. You will see one of the following messages: Your account has been added successfully. Select OK to complete setup. Your e-mail account will now be accessible from your BlackBerry handheld. You may exit the BlackBerry® browser once setup is complete. Or We were unable to configure this e-mail account. Select the type of account you want to configure. You will be presented with the following options. Scroll to and select the one that best describes your e-mail account.
Option Description

a) Internet Service Provider E-mail (POP/IMAP) Choose this option if you know your e-mail account settings, and refer to Step 6. You will be asked to provide the following information:
• E-mail Server: Enter the e-mail server address for your Internet Service Provider (ISP) (example, mail.ispname.com). Contact your ISP if you do not know the e-mail server address.
• Username: Enter the username you use to log in to this e-mail account.
• Password: Enter the password you use to access this e-mail account.
• Use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): Enable the SSL encryption for retrieving messages from this account, if it is supported by your ISP.

b) Outlook/Exchange Choose this option if you are able to access your Outlook/Exchange e-mail via Microsoft® Outlook Web Access (OWA), and refer to Step 7. You will be asked to provide the following information:
• Outlook Web Access URL: Enter the Web address for your Microsoft® Outlook Web Access (OWA) account.
• Username: This is the username you use to access your organization’s network or e-mail system. You may have to include your NT domain. For example: NTDOMAIN\Username
• Password: This is the password used to access your organization’s e-mail. This is your NT password.
• Mailbox name: Enter the mailbox name for your Microsoft® Outlook Web Access (OWA) account. If you do not know your mailbox name, please check with your IT Helpdesk professional for details.

5. If you select Internet Service Provider E-mail (POP/IMAP), scroll to and select one of the following:
• I have this e-mail account set up in Outlook or Outlook Express.

Selecting this option will direct you to configure the e-mail account from your computer. For instructions on setting up your e-mail account from your computer, go to How do I set up BlackBerry Internet E-mail using a My T-Mobile Account?
• I will provide the settings to add this e-mail account.

Selecting this option will allow you to type your e-mail account settings manually. Complete Steps 1 and 2 below. The following information will be required:
o E-mail address
o Username
o Password
o E-mail server address
o E-mail server type (POP/IMAP)
o SSL (Yes/No)
1. Type the required information and select Next. Setup is complete when Your account has been added successfully appears on the screen.
2. Select OK. Your e-mail account will now be accessible from your BlackBerry handheld. You may exit the BlackBerry browser once setup is complete.

6. If you select Outlook/Exchange, scroll to and select one of the following:
• I can access this e-mail account using a Web browser (Outlook Web Access).

Selecting this option will allow you to type your mail account settings manually. Complete Steps 1 and 2 below. The following information will be required:
o Outlook Web Access URL
o E-mail address
o E-mail account name (mailbox name)
o Username
o Password
1. Enter the required information and select Next. Setup is complete when Your account has been added successfully appears on the screen.
2. Select OK. Your e-mail account will now be accessible from your BlackBerry handheld. You may exit the BlackBerry® browser once setup is complete.
• I always use Outlook to access my e-mail account.

Selecting this option will direct you to configure the e-mail account from your computer.
Tablet and Smartphone Setup Guide
http://www.quicksetupguide.com

Troubleshooting Vista Wireless
http://chicagotech.net/

Return to Networking

Your Ad Here