Home | Site Map | Cisco How ToNet How To | Wireless |Search | Forums | Services | Donations | Careers | About Us | Contact Us|

SBS vs iPhone & iPAD, Calendar sync problems

Tablet, Smart Phone, other Internet devices

SBS vs iPhone & iPAD, Calendar sync problems

Postby guest » Wed May 16, 2012 8:50 am

I noticed that SBS2008 seems to have a problem when syncing Calendar with iPhone & iPAD. SBS2008 is patched up to date. iPhone & iPAD were purchased a few months ago. Emails sync works fine.

The problem is the Calendar sync and here are what I see
- If I create an appointment from Outlook (by the way, it is Outlook 2007), the appointment will show up on both iPhone & iPAD in seconds, which is good
- If I make a change with the appointment on Outlook, the change will show up on both iPhone & iPAD in seconds, which is good
- If I make a change with the appointment on either iPhone or iPAD, the change will NOT show up on Outlook. It will NOT show up on the other Apple device either
- If I delete the appointment on either iPhone or iPAD, the appointment will be deleted from Outlook, BUT not on the other Apple device
- If I create an appointment, either on iPhone or iPAD, the new appointment will NOT show up on Outlook. It will NOT show up on the other Apple device either

It seems to me that syncing Calendar from Outlook to iPhone & iPAD is fine, but not the other way around.

Any thought, idea?
Tablet and Smartphone Setup Guide
http://www.quicksetupguide.com

Troubleshooting Vista Wireless
http://chicagotech.net/
guest
 
Posts: 9661
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:10 pm

Re: SBS vs iPhone & iPAD, Calendar sync problems

Postby guest » Wed May 16, 2012 8:51 am

The problem seems to be fixed by KB830836

After further troubleshooting, I noticed that the problem may not be related to iPhone and iPAD
Reason#1: I setup his account with my Windows Mobile SmartPhone, I got the same problem
Reason#2: I login OWA using his account, created a new appointment, I could not save the appointment and got an error.

When the problem occurred, the following errors were always logged in App Log
- 9646, MSExchangeIS | 8230, 8206, 8213, 8199 EXCDO

When digging into 9646, I found KB830836 which applies to Exchange2003 only. However, the described symtoms in the KB is very much like my problem, I deployed the solution without much hesitation. All seems to be fine now.

Here is the solution:

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1.On the Exchange 2003 computer, click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
2.Locate and then click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem
3.On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
4.Type MaxObjsPerMapiSession, and then press ENTER.
5.For each object type that is listed in the event ID 9646 message (in the "Symptoms" section of this article, the example object types are objtMessage and objtAttachment), follow these steps:
1.On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
2.Type the object name (for example, type objtMessage), and then press ENTER.
3.Press ENTER again to open the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 500 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
6.Close Registry Editor.


Thank you all again for all the effort!
Tablet and Smartphone Setup Guide
http://www.quicksetupguide.com

Troubleshooting Vista Wireless
http://chicagotech.net/
guest
 
Posts: 9661
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:10 pm


Return to Do-It-Yourself

Your Ad Here

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests