Home | Site Map | Cisco How ToNet How To | Wireless |Search | Forums | Services | Donations | Careers | About Us | Contact Us|

Windows 2008 Event ID 500

Active Directory, Domain, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SBS, New Releases.

Windows 2008 Event ID 500

Postby chicagotech » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:45 am

hi, need to know what to do to fix this problem. in the event viewer under windows diagnostics-performance operational , i found 1714 events "500". here is what it says, Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance
Date: 3/4/2008 7:17:43 PM
Event ID: 500
Task Category: Desktop Window Manager Monitoring
Level: Warning
Description:
The Desktop Window Manager is experiencing heavy resource contention.
Scenario : The Desktop Window Manager responsiveness has degraded.

what is this and what should i do about it ? anyone.....anyone ?

thank you

- Hi,

Based on my research, Event ID 500 is mostly caused by the over-use of graphics subsystem, which is controlled by dwm.exe process. Dwm.exe is a Desktop Window Manager and is responsible for the graphical effects in Windows operating system such as 3D effects, live windows previews and windows transparencies.

I suggest turning off all 'Aero' features, like using Classic Windows appearance instead of Windows Aero feature, stopping using 3D desktop and so on, to reduce the excessive system resource occupancy. If possible, you could extend RAM to increase the system performance to test if this event still persists.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

--------------
Morgan Che

Microsoft Online Community Support
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
chicagotech
Site Admin

Return to Windows

Your Ad Here