This computer can't connect to the remote computer - Resolution with screenshots
Situation: After we enabled and configured Essentials Experience in Windows
2012 R2 Datacenter, we had some problems to access the RDS server using RDP.
If he tries, he gets This computer can't connect to the remote
Here are the details:
- When attempting to access it using RDP, we get this message:
This computer canít connect to the remote computer. We have a couple
computers and all of them have the same issue.
- Telnet RDS server port 3389 works.
- The RDS server has Event ID 802: Remote Desktop Connection
Broker Client failed while getting redirection packet from Connection
User : administrator
Error: Element not found.
- If I remove the RDS from the server, I can RDP into the
- After I add RDS role, I canít login RDS server using RDP.
- If I access the RDS server use remote desktop console session, I can
Troubleshooting: It either causes compatibility issue or
has limitations on number of CAL can be used on RD connection.
Upon lab test, I observe the following behaviors in two different scenarios:
1. If the Essential is pre-installed with the Windows Server 2012 R2, then
we are not able to install the RDS role and it fails the compatibility check
2. If the Windows Server 2012 R2 is installed then the Essentials role is
installed, we are able to add the RDS role. In fact, RD connection works
without any problems.
So it is suggested that you configure a new collection as the steps shown
above and observe if we still experience the problem. If we still do
experience this issue, it is suggested that you uninstall the Essentials
role on the Windows Server 2012 R2 to see if the issue is still exhibited.
It is recommended to install Essentials Experience on a
Contact a consultant
Bob Lin Photography services