Event ID 1053: Exchange ActiveSync doesn't have
sufficient permissions to create container
ActiveSync on Android Phone doesn't work because
of Exchange permissions
Failed to create the account
Situation: when attempting to run Exchange ActiveSync
in a smart phone, the Exchange Server may log this event.
Description: Exchange ActiveSync doesn't have
sufficient permissions to create the "CN=Bob Lin,CN=Users,DC=chicagotech,DC=net"
container under Active Directory user "Active Directory operation failed on
2008dc2.chicagotech.net. This error is not retriable. Additional
information: Access is denied.
Active directory response: 00000005: SecErr:
DSID-03152492, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0
Make sure the user has inherited permission granted to
domain\Exchange Servers to allow List, Create child, Delete child of object
type "msExchangeActiveSyncDevices" and doesn't have any deny permissions
that block such operations.
On the Android phone, you may receive can't create user
Resolution: Grant inherited permission to domain\Exchange Servers.
To do that, please follow these steps:
1. Run Active Directory Users and Computers.
2. Click on View and Select Advanced Features
3. Select a mailbox that isnít working with Active Sync, double click on the
4. Click the Security Tab and then the Advanced
5. Highlight Exchange Servers, and check the Include inheritable permissions
from this object's parent.
6. Click OK to save the settings.
Post your questions, comments, feedbacks and suggestions
Contact a consultant