router and NIC doesn’t support IPv6, you may want to disable IP6v on
Vista TCP/IP settings, re-configure the NIC speed or install Microsoft
update. Please refer to this link:
have 3rd party security software like Norton and McAfee,
double check the settings or disable it for the test. Please check this
link for more details.
7. If the Vista connect to the Internet directly using ISP public IP and
DNS, check this link:
Vista: Unidentified network when using ISP IP and DNS
1) Re-configure default gateway and make sure default gateway is not 0.0.0.0.
Fixed unidentified network using static IP
Vista Unidentified Network because default gateway
2) Assign static IP to the NIC.
3) Make sure you use correct DNS and subnet.
4) The 3dr party security software may cause this problem too.
Unidentified Network in Vista because of Norton