Vista Slow Issues
Some solutions for slow copy
1. Disable the automatic adjustment
(Auto Tuning) for the TCP window size on the network. To do this, follow
these steps: Click Start , type cmd and press Enter. Type
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled at the command
prompt, and then press ENTER. Or this how to:
and Network Settings.
6. Vista Index can be the issue too. If the Index have more collections, it will run more faster. You can modify the Index options. Or for the test, disable the Index feature from Add/Remove Applications.
7. If you have external drive, try to upgrade the latest firmware.
8. Also security and anti-virus can be the issue too. Make sure the software is Vista compatible. To test it, disable them temporarily. Check this post: Vista slow may cause by security software
9. Check the hardware such as NIC and switch settings. Make sure the speed duplex are matching.
10. Microsoft has an update is
available that improves the performance and reliability of Windows Vista
11. Add the CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo registry entry. Please refer to this post: Vista Slow Issues Solution.
12. Install latest NIC driver.
13. Disable SMB 2.0 on Windows Vista. Please refer to this post: Vista slow because of MTU
Disable the Windows Explorer Navigation Pane. To do that, Click Start, and then click Computer. In the top menu, select Organize, Layout, and then click Navigation Pane.
12. Map a network drive to the folder that contains the files that you want to copy. To do this, you may have two options.
1) Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Map Network Drive. Type
the path of the network folder in the Folder box, and then click Finish. For
example, type \\computer_name\shared_folder_name, and then click Finish.
13. Use Robocopy or xcopy. For example, type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER: Robocopy source_path destination_path file_name
Hangs when copying a large file to network drive on Vista
Mapping a network drive in Vista is
Mapping a network drive in Vista is extremely slow
The following links may help too.
Related TopicsVista Issues
This web is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
Copyright © 2002-2017 ChicagoTech.net, All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction forbidden.