Event ID: 4321 -
could not be registered
on the Interface with IP address
1. When you start a Windows computer or try to access the network resources,
you may receive this error message: Duplicate name exists.
2. There is Event ID4321 logged
in the System event log:
Event Source: NetBT
Event ID: 4321
Description: The name "Computer name" could not be registered on
the Interface with IP address x.x.x.x. The machine with the IP
address y.y.y.y did not allow the name to be claimed by this
resolutions: 1. Two networking devices may have the same NetBIOS
name. Or it may be caused by a NetBIOS name conflict between a workgroup and
a domain/workgroup with the same NetBIOS name in the LAN.
2. If you have WINS server may
sure you have correct WINS settings in the server and client.
3. You may need to clean the WINS
4. If this is multihomed computer,
make both NICs are in the different subnet.
5. If this is the RRAS server,
make sure only the one IP registers the record in the WINS.
6. Make sure the computer is in
the correct subnet.