System error 85
device name is already in use.
script maps only some network drives
script stops with error.
When logon domain computers, a new user may have the following issues:
1. You receive “System error 85
2. Or “The local device name is
already in use”.
3. Logon slow
4. The logon script maps only some
5. The logon script stops with
- DNS setup correct.
- Computer browser works fine and you can access all
network resources normally.
- Problem: The Default User was created to map a
no-existing server with persistent switch so that any new users who logon
will receive above mentioned issues.
- The mapping letter e.g. H has been used.
1. Re-create a new default user profile.
2. Use net use * /d to delete the