You can ping any web sites but not
Situation: 1. You can ping any web sites but not access them.
2. You can download Anti-virus definition.
3. The internet email works fine.
4. 2. From the
server I can access any LAN resources, but no one can access the server
using IP or hostname (I used to be able to remote access using Remote
Desktop and map shared drives).
different NICs wireless and wired. But not different.
6. 6. Other
computers in the LAN donít have this issue.
7. I have post
the hijackthis log and people say it is clear.
8. If I reboot
it from the Safe mode, I can access the web site.
Possible causes and
resolutions: 1. The firewall blocks the traffic.
2. Check the IPSec configuration or disable it for
3. Re-apply SP1 and do Windows repair.
4. Check other security software, for example Cisco
5. It could be the Proxy server issue. please refer to
Can ping web site but access.
6. Upgrade Flash Player.
7. Delete temp and cookies.
Please refer to this page:
8. Reset Internet Browser. Please refer to this page:
Q & A: Can ping any web sites but not access using