No network provider accepted the given network path
System error 67 has occurred
The network name cannot be found
Symptoms: 1. You can access the shared folders on a remote computer by using IP but not host name. If you use the host name, you may receive this message: “No network provider accepted the given network path”.
2. You can access the shared folders on a remote computer by using FQDN but not NetBIOS name. If you use the NetBIOS name, you may receive this message: “No network provider accepted the given network path”.
3. When you use net use to a shared resource of a remote computer, you may receive: “System error 67 has occurred. The network name cannot be found”.
4. You may have problems getting group policy updates with the "no network provider" error.
5. You can't map a folder my documents using this command: net use h: \\chicagotech\my documents. If you do, you will receive above message.
Resolution: 1. Make sure you have enabled File and Print Sharing For Microsoft Networks From Properties of Local Area Connection
2. Make sure you have shared some folders or files.
3. Run “sfc /scannow”.
4. Make sure you type the correct computer name or shared name.
5. Change the Security Policy - Network security: LAN Manager authentication level: Send LM & NTLM responses.
6. To fix accessing NetBIOS name issue, you may setup Primary DNS Suffix or WINS server.
7. Make sure client for Microsoft Networks is enabled.
8. To fix mapping my documents folder, use quotation like net use H: "\\chicagotech\my documents"
9. Make sure the Workstation service is running on the local computer while Server service is running on the remote computer.
Network path not found
This web is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
Copyright © 2002-2013 ChicagoTech.net, All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction forbidden.